The comments and opinions expressed in this blog are my own and they do not represent the US Government, the Peace Corps, or the Government of Togo.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A week and a half!

So, I just set this blog up as a way of keeping up with friends and family while I am in Mauritania for two years. I will try to post stories and happenings in my every day life while in the Peace Corps. On June 15 I will fly to Philadelphia to meet up with the rest of the new Mauritania volunteers. Then, June 17th we all fly to JFK, then to Dakar, Senegal (I think this should be about a 9 hour flight) and then we will make our way to Nouakchott, Mauritania. I still cannot believe I am actually leaving so soon. After such a long application process, this time really seemed like it was never going to come! I'm excited/nervous/scared/hopeful/(fill in whatever other adjective you think I may be feeling because I probably feel that too).

In these last couple of weeks, I am just trying to finish packing, and spend as much time with friends and family as possible. Please feel free to write me, email me, call me (hopefully I will have a working cell phone soon enough), or send me packages :) while I'm gone!

Okay I think that's enough for now. Hopefully I will be able to post some more interesting information once I get there!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the name of this blog looks familiar. I wonder what genius came up with it.

    ReplyDelete