The comments and opinions expressed in this blog are my own and they do not represent the US Government, the Peace Corps, or the Government of Togo.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Slight change of plans...

So yesterday, I got a call from someone in the Peace Corps office with some bad news. Due to unknown reasons, the Mauritanian government is not processing American visas at the moment and therefore, our departure has been delayed until August 10...hopefully. They are not really sure why the visas are not being processed, but the bottom line is that it's out of my hands so I'm trying to make the best of it. Mauritania is also scheduled to have elections in July, so they figured we should probably go after the elections are over and things have settled down a bit.

I can't say that the news didn't shake me up a little bit. It's been hard saying goodbye to everyone, and now it seems that I will get the great joy of doing that all over again in two months! Oh well. At least now I may get to go to Machu Picchu with my family in July which would be AWESEOME! Other than that, I am now staring two months of free time in the face, so if anyone has any good suggestions about how to spend this time just let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should come to Austin and play with me :) I have a futon with your name on it!

    ReplyDelete